Monday 11 November 2013

Meet the Bad Boy of Romance - @SaschaIllyvich

Happy Monday, folks. One of the reasons I love hosting authors on my blog is that I get to meet some fabulous authors and I get to share their brilliance with you wonderful readers.

Today's guest is the self-styled Bad Boy of Romance, Sascha Illyvich. I was introduced to his work a few months ago and I have to say I'm now a fan.

Men who write romance fascinate me and loved when I had Keith Thomas Walker on my blog. So I'm pleased to have Sascha here today. Please make him feel welcome.

I'm going to give away a copy of his book, His Reign to one lucky person who leaves a comment. So make sure you do. The winner will be announced next week.

Now on to the interview...

Q1) Welcome to my blog, Sascha. Can you tell us a little about yourself

Sure!  I'm Sascha Illyvich, industry proclaimed Bad Boy of Romance. I've been writing for the last 14 years, published as long too, in a variety of markets, all in erotica and romance.  My work spans the sub genres, ranging from contemporary to sci fi and fantasy romance, bdsm, and everything in between. 
 

Q2) Wow. 14 years. That's great. Tell us, have you always wanted to be an author?

I'm sure if we dug back far enough in my psyche we'd find "yes." 
 

Q3) LOL. I guess you must have some favorite writers? Who do you feel has influenced your writing?

JR Ward definitely.  Christine Feehan, Laurel K. Hamilton, Janelle Denison, Christina Dodd.  I really dug the last Kat Martin book I read too. 
 

Q4) I notice a 'paranormal' trend here. *smiles* Can you tell us what a typical writing day for you is like. 

A typical writing day?  LOL!  With everything in transition right now I'm holding on to the idea that I can get some writing done for at least a few hours, if not more.  I'm about to shift my schedule since I have a hectic release schedule and books that I haven't written yet, either, due like NOW LOL!  But normally I get emails and PR done in the morning, then around 1 or so, hit the words until I've made word count.  
 

Q5) I know hat you mean when you say 'hectic'. Let’s talk about your new book.  Can you tell us a little about it?

 
His Reign!  Sure  It's my first paranormal ménage set in the exotic location of Lake Balaton, Hungary, and Houston TX.  Józsi wants to maintain a normal life away from the Opeth pack.  Moving from Hungary to Texas was a big change that he felt was necessary in order to avoid a prophecy that would ultimately make him Alpha of a dying pack, a responsibility he doesn’t want. 

Ilona and Lukina grew up loving Józsi even after he moved away.  Yet the current pack Alpha has gone rogue and begun kidnapping and abusing the younger wolves that remained without mates.  Ilona, becomes his next target and Józsi must return to once again deal with pack politics only to find that his heart misses what it could have.  Can Lukina and Ilona convince him to return to Hungary in order to rule the Opeth pack and mate or will Kiba destroy them in a fit of insanity?
 

Q6) How did you come up with the idea for this story?

I got the idea from an anime called Wolf's Rain, which has a similar premise about this ideal of Heaven and how the wolves landed on this desolate earth. In my version, there is the same sort of prophecy only it stems from the Hungarian Fertility Goddess and how she created the wolves to protect mankind, set them up in packs, many of whom are mated to two mates, rather than the traditional (yet new) monogamous route. 

Q7) Interesting. I'm not sure I've ever read a book set in Hungary. I look forward to reading it. So what is up next for you?

Promoting and editing Raining Kisses, the second book in the Opeth Pack Series.


Q8) What is the best piece of advice you would give to a budding writer?

Grow a damn thick skin. 
 

Q9) LOL. Love your advice. What is the next book on your To Read Pile that you are dying to jump into?

Right now my time is such that my TBR pile is getting ignored. What with the move, trying to find a place for the few boxes of books I have, keep myself off the streets until I end up in Tennessee, oh and did I mention I have a book due in March for a May release?  The third book in the Opeth Pack Series, but luckily its already written!

 

Q10) Is there anything else you would like to add?

I'm grateful to each and every one of my readers, old and new! Thank you!

Favorite Quiz


Favorite city: Budapdest, of course!


Favorite beverage:  Alcohol.  Wine.


Favorite place you’d like to visit: Ibiza


Favorite place to write:  Baby I write everywhere, all day, every which way…


Favorite hobby: Cigars


Favorite movie: Right now, none. 


Favorite book: Lover Eternal, cause I'm digging Wrath


About Sascha

Proclaimed by the Publishing industry as the Bad Boy of Romance, Sascha started writing fourteen years ago.  His erotic romances have been listed under the Night Owl Romance and Road to Romance’s Recommended read list, and he's been nominated for a CAPA by The Romance Studio.  Recently, Torn to Pieces was a USA TODAY Recommended Read. 

 

Former host of The Unnamed Romance Show on Radio Dentata Sascha continues to write for Red Sage, Secret Cravings Publishing, Decadent Publishing, Sizzler Editions and Total E-bound.  Find him at http://saschaillyvichauthor.com Agency Representation provided by The Corvisiero Agency

 

Editor for Sizzler Editions Intoxication Erotic Romance line, Sascha is also part of the WriteSex Panel, a blog group defining erotica for writers in any genre! Find us at http://www.write-sex.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments. Please share your thoughts.
If you're having problems using blogger to comment, please use the Facebook comment box at the bottom. Thank you.

The Romance Reviews