Tuesday 17 June 2014

What greater love can #readers give #authors than this? #showlove #asmsg


There are moments when my spirit is low and I ask myself "why the hell do you do this?" Why do you put yourself through the sleepless nights and exhaustion, the jumble of a messy house, the noise of children asking "what time dinner is going to be ready?" or hubby's disappointment because you forgot to run the errand he gave you. Why do you put yourself through the heartache of of dealing with sometimes bitchy people?

It's not as if you're getting paid for it. Yeah, you're earning but you can hardly pay your bills with the income at the moment. And if hubby disappeared, you'd be left on you broke ass.

Well, this is why.

When one reader reads and reviews four of my books in less than a week, I feel like it's my birthday and Christmas all at once. I feel so high I'm practically flying.
What greater love can a reader show an author than this?

Click on the image to make it larger.

I'm a writer who thrives on feedback. When I write I love it when I get instant response back which is why I use beta readers and post teasers often.

It's not just enough to tell me you like what I've written. I want to know what you like about it. Is it something the characters did or said? Is it the style of writing, the plot, what?
I need to know what I did right so I can do it again and ramp it up. I also need to know that I did wrong so I don't do it again.

So when a person I don't know buys my books, reads and leaves such glowing reviews, I feel as if I'm bouncing off the walls with joy.

Felicia, you don't know what you did for me with your reviews. In fact, my eyes water (in a good way) as I write this. Thank you doesn't seem enough to express my gratitude. So I'm going to do what you asked and finish off Scores this week so that it can go to the publisher and you can get to read it as soon as possible.

For readers, if you read a book and loved it and you're wondering why the author hasn't released another book since the last one, go and leave him or her a great review and see what happens. At the very least you would make their day. And perhaps you'll get the next book you're waiting for. J

I leave you with Des'Ree and Feel So High because that's how I feel at the moment. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments. Please share your thoughts.
If you're having problems using blogger to comment, please use the Facebook comment box at the bottom. Thank you.

The Romance Reviews